This playlist consists of 27 videos all about Algebra. Teachers can use these videos to support their lesson plans and engage students. These videos each cover specific topics and concepts learned in Algebra classes. The playlist is an excellent resource for students to review or study for a test or final. By the end of this playlist, students will be able to see the structure of expressions, create and solve equations, and understand inequalities. See below for a list of Common Core State Standards addressed.
Common Core Algebra Standards Addressed
- Interpret expressions that represent a quantity in terms of its context.
- Use the structure of an expression to identify ways to rewrite it.
- Choose and produce an equivalent form of an expression to reveal and explain properties of the quantity represented by the expression.
- Create equations and inequalities in one variable and use them to solve problems.
- Create equations in two or more variables to represent relationships between quantities; graph equations on coordinate axes with labels and scales.
- Represent constraints by equations or inequalities, and by systems of equations and/or inequalities, and interpret solutions as viable or nonviable options in a modeling context.
- Rearrange formulas to highlight a quantity of interest, using the same reasoning as in solving equations.
- Explain each step in solving a simple equation as following from the equality of numbers asserted at the previous step, starting from the assumption that the original equation has a solution. Construct a viable argument to justify a solution method.
- Solve simple rational and radical equations in one variable, and give examples showing how extraneous solutions may arise.
- Solve linear equations and inequalities in one variable, including equations with coefficients represented by letters.