SchoolTube is pleased to announce our Student Film Festival Competition. This festival allows students from K12 schools across the United States & Canada to showcase their video production skills and amazing videos! Participating student videos must be submitted by a teacher/sponsor at their school. Please see below for all the rules and details.
SCHOOLTUBE FILM FESTIVAL COMPETITION:
- Winners are announced weekly: April and May 2021
- Entries allowed by K12 students as of the calendar year 2021.
- Monthly winners will also be chosen and announced the first week of the following month.
FILM COMPETITION RULES & GENERAL ELIGIBILITY
The following rules govern all film submissions to the SchoolTube Film Festival
- Submissions must be accompanied by a completed online entry form.
- Films must be submitted as an online video via SchoolTube (no purchase necessary)
- Films that have been published on SchoolTube during the previous school year are eligible to be submitted, provided they are eligible according to all of SchoolTube’s current rules.
- SchoolTube reserves the right in its sole discretion to reject or disqualify any ineligible entries.
VIDEO SUBMISSION PROCESS
- All video submissions must be made from a SchoolTube URL.
- Students: If you do not have a SchoolTube account, create one by using the steps below. Upload your video and save it to your school’s public channel.
- Share the video’s URL with your teacher and ask them to approve it under their SchoolTube Moderator tab.
- Watch Student Upload Tutorial
- Teachers/Sponsor: If you do not have a SchoolTube account, create one by following the steps below.
- After the student uploads their video, you will receive a moderation request from SchoolTube to approve it.
- Once approved, copy the URL and submit using the SchoolTube Student Film Festival Submission Form
- Note: Teachers can bypass the student upload process by uploading a student’s submission on their behalf.
HOW TO CREATE A FREE* SCHOOLTUBE ACCOUNT
- Go to https://www.schooltube.com/schooltuberegistration/sign-up
- Enter your school name and select when it appears. (Watch for similar school names!)
- Complete the questions & steps required for student/teacher accounts.
- If your school is not listed, please request that it be added using this form: ADD MY SCHOOL
WHERE TO VIEW ALL SUBMISSIONS
- All student video submissions and weekly winners can be viewed on the SchoolTube Student Film Fesitval Channel.
ORIGINALITY AND PERMISSIONS; INDEMNITY
- Films must be the original work of the applicants. If a film is based upon another person’s life or upon a book or other underlying work, applicant(s) must secure any necessary rights to make such adaptations. However, it is not necessary to submit the adaptation rights agreements to the Festival. Neither the Festival nor its jurists investigate or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you represent that you have secured all necessary rights.
- Applicants are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary rights and permissions for third-party materials included in their films, including but not limited to music, trademarks, logos, copyrights, and other intellectual property rights. SchoolTube expressly disclaims all liability or responsibility for any violations of the foregoing.
SELECTED FILMS AND WINNERS
- SchoolTube has no obligation (other than as stated in these rules or on our website) to disclose any of the following information: i) identities of screeners or judges; ii) notes, feedback, or information relating to the submitted project; and/or iii) details regarding the submission review or selection process.
- SchoolTube explicitly disclaims any liability or responsibility for any comments, notes, or opinions expressed about a submission, whether by SchoolTube or by its volunteers.
- The judges’ decision is final.
*SchoolTube is free, supported by school-appropriate ads and sponsors.